Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Third Time's the Charm!

Wow, my very first post...on my very first blog!  Not quite.  This is my third attempt at starting a blog.  Fourth, if you count the webpage that my husband started for me and has subsequently died.  What does that tell you about me?  I lack follow through for one.  My children will be pleased about that in the future, I'm sure.

Anyhoo...a new day, a new blog, right?  Let's start fresh.

Here's a little something about me.  I'm 36 (ouch).  I'm married, have been for 5 years, though we were together for 13 years before we got married.  That's 18 years or half our lives, and we got a whole lotta forever left.  It's cool, though.  I kinda love him.

We made two little people together, both boy people.  That was a surprise to me.  I always thought I'd have daughters, but you get what you get and you don't get upset.  The boy children are 3 years old and 10 months old.  They are essentially in charge around here, and the 3 year old won't let anyone forget it.

So why mostly homemade? Well, I like to do things from scratch.  Currently I have a loaf of bread going in my bread-maker, homemade yogurt in the fridge, granola I made in the cabinet...you get the idea. But I made that bread while eating leftover restaurant pizza, and that seems about right to me.

Here's the thing, some people may be able to achieve 100% homemade, from scratch status, I can't and I don't want to.  Ordering a pizza or Chinese, grabbing a bag of chips, or even stopping at a fast food place has its time and place.  I can't do it all.  If I know that me and my children (and my husband, I guess) are eating well most of the time, I can live with the rest.

This blog will follow my attempts at making our life from scratch (please note, there will be no sewing).  Along the way, there will be successes and failures...like the first time I tried to make yogurt and essentially ended up with rancid milk.

Check back soon for a post on making bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment