Thursday, January 30, 2014

It Happens Quickly

I'm not talking about meeting milestones or my babies growing up. I'm talking about the sudden desire to get the F away from them.

I'm having a perfectly decent day. Getting caught up on laundry, cooking dinner in the crockpot, nothing spectacular, just a regular day.  

All I wanted to do was blow dry my hair--a regular task for a regular day. See, I recently got a part time job, and I actually have to work for an hour this evening (I realize that may sound suspicious, but no, I'm not a "lady of the night"). 

But instead of five minutes of quiet play whilst I made myself decent for the outside world, I had the baby next to me dumping my makeout out and the 3-year-old brushing my hair with Legos. 

Suddenly, I thought to myself, "Wow, I can't wait to go to work." 

And that's how quickly the switch flips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment