Monday, July 14, 2014

Trying to find the fuel

Here's a pickle.  I was sitting here thinking that I would write a post about how unfocused I've been lately, but I can't seem to focus on the words.  Ironic.

So here's my dilemma (a first world problem if there ever was one).  I have all this beautiful food coming in from my CSA and while I usually manage to eat or share everything before it spoils, I haven't been making full use of summer's bounty. 

I've been feeling unfocused, out of sorts, lazy.  We've been ordering out way too much...I find myself hitting the cafeteria and/or vending machine frequently here at work.  I don't know why I feel this way, but I think part of it is the lack of organization in my house.  Another part is a general lack of good sleep.  The first part I can do something about, but the second part is something only time can fix.  Eventually my children will grow and won't want to sleep with me (I hope). 

Of course, eating take out doesn't exactly fill my body with the right mix of nutrients to keep me going strong and when the food I eat makes me tired and lazy, then I don't want to cook good, healthy food and so we eat more convenience food, which perpetuates the cycle of feeling tired and lazy.

Last summer, I learned to can at the end of the season and I told myself that I would can everything as each season came this year.  But I've already missed strawberry season and if I keep allowing myself to be lazy, I'll miss everything.

I need to recommit myself to meal planning, canning and freezing the summer harvest and exercising to maximize what little energy I can muster.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to come be my night nanny so mama can sleep a little, come on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment