Sunday, April 20, 2014

Just Another Manic Monday

So tomorrow is back to work for the 9-5 crowd.  I also have to work tomorrow, but such a short shift hardly counts.

Anyway, as I posted about last week, prepping ahead of time is crucial to the success of living a real food life.  Though, in the spirit of full disclosure, I will say that today was a total real food fail.  I prepared a lovely brunch and my parents came bearing cupcakes, chocolate, jelly beans, and other such junk.  Guess what the kids picked?  I did eat eggs, bacon, potatoes and berries, but yes, all of the previously mentioned junk crossed the gates as well.

Anyway, tomorrow we get back on track, and it started with making hubby's lunch tonight.  

Two rolls of Applegate Farms deli ham, two small stuffed peppers, a Sargento cheese stick, a clementine, baby carrots and gluten free crackers. 

A note on the stuffed peppers, hubby brought them home today.  I haven't read the ingredients list, so I don't know yet how "real" they are, but I figured, pepper, prosciutto...a least it's a vegetable/protein combo.  

Also, after complaining that he wants to lose weight and that he thinks he might be snacking too much, I advised hubby to eat breakfast.  I know I always eat too much on the days I don't have breakfast.  I suggested he eat yogurt and granola (a favorite of mine), a banana and a hard-boiled egg, or an apple with peanut butter.  Some combination of protein and fiber to fill his belly and ward off cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment